Do you love salads? There are so many variations but this happens to be my favorite healthy salad. This Avocado and Chickpea Salad Recipe with Salmon is super easy to make. It has a healthy nutritional value such as high in protein and fiber in this delicious recipe. Perfect to share for a complete meal with the entire family.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. When you use the links on this page to make a purchase I may get a small commission and you may get a great bargain. It’s a win-win all around. Support my page and I can continue to provide great tips, recipes, reviews and lifestyle advice. Ask me how by clicking here!
Ingredients for Avocado and Chickpea Salad Recipe with Salmon
2 salmon filets, baked (heres a recipe for baked salmon)
4 cups arugula, chopped
4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
1 cucumber, diced
¼ cup sliced almonds
Directions for Avocado and Chickpea Salad Recipe with Salmon
In a small bowl whisk all dressing ingredients until well combined, set aside
In a large bowl add arugula, romaine lettuce, cranberries, avocado, cucumber, chickpeas, and sliced almonds
Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat evenly
Plate and place baked salmon whole or flaked on top
Serve and enjoy!
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
¼ cup lemon juice
Dash salt and pepper
Whisk ingredients together and pour over salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook/Assembly Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutritional Information and Notes for Avocado Salad
The ingredients in this salad are nutritious and healthy. When they are all combined together, it’s a great tasty lunch or dinner. Serve the day after a salmon dinner with the leftover salmon.
If you want to make a more low fat salad then reduce or remove the chickpeas and avocado. Consider adding more veggies such as bell pepper or carrots.
Health Benefits of Avocado
Below are some health benefits of avocados that contain over 20 vitamins and minerals.
- Lowers cancer risk-Due to the folate levels there are studies proving lower risk of prostate and colon cancers.
- Improves blood pressure-Due to its high potassium which is more than a banana.
- Reduces arthritis-There are limited studies on this but the oil extracts from avocado can help due it containing vitamin E which is an anti-inflammatory.
- Helps with weight loss-Due to high fiber avocados can help contribute to weight loss. Click here for my article on fiber.
- Lowers inflammation-Due to its high mono-unsaturated oleic acid which is a heart healthy fatty acid and it has Vitamin E and Vitamin K.
- Controls blood sugar-Since avocado is low in carbs it helps maintain blood sugar levels.
- Improve eye health-Due its powerful antioxidant properties including lutein and zeaxanthin.
Are Avocados High in Protein?
Avocado is naturally gluten free, cholesterol/sodium free and high in fiber. In each medium-sized avocado there is a large healthy dose of mono-unsaturated fats. Mono-unsaturated fats are known as the healthy fats. Some examples of mono-unsaturated fats besides avocados are olive, canola, peanut and sesame oil. Mono-unsaturated fats are usually in liquid form except obviously for the avocado.
One medium-sized avocado contains:
- 227 calories
- 4.6 g Protein
- 12g Carbs
- 21g Fat
- 9.2g Fiber
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
It also contains small amounts of phosphorous, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, zinc and vitamins A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin).
How to Know if an Avocado is Ready
It’s very simple to know if an avocado is ready; just squeeze and see if it’s soft. The Hass avocado will also be a purplish black color and soft when squeezed when it’s ready.
Best Way to Ripen Avocados
I love avocados but only when they are perfectly ready to eat. If I’m trying to speed up the process to ripen an avocado, I will put the avocado in a brown paper bag with a banana or an apple for 1-3 days. Be sure the bag is sealed and no light can get inside. Try it out and let me know how it works for you!
Enjoy this healthy recipe for avocado and chickpea salad with salmon. It has many of my favorite ingredients in it. Please leave a comment how you like it and share it with someone special.
Avocado and Chickpea Salad Recipe with Salmon
- 2 Salmon fillets baked (heres a recipe for baked salmon)
- 4 cups Arugula chopped
- 4 cups Romaine chopped
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 medium Avocado diced
- 1 Cucumber diced
- 1 can Chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup Almonds sliced
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Balsalmic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- dash salt and pepper
- In a small bowl whisk all dressing ingredients until well combined, set aside
- In a large bowl add arugula, romaine lettuce, cranberries, avocado, cucumber, chickpeas, and sliced almonds
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat evenly
- Plate and place baked salmon whole or flaked on top
- Whisk ingredients together and pour over salad
Get your FREE healthy lifestyle checklist. Make healthy living a habit!