I really love this topic the best vitamins for women for many reasons. The main reason took place many years ago when I was just feeling so awful. I wasn’t sleeping through the night and felt so tired during the day. One morning I woke up feeling very lethargic. My bones ached and I felt like I was going to faint. I was also experiencing a chronic cough that would cause me to vomit at times due to the severity of the cough.
I knew something wasn’t right but at the time I chose to put everyone before my own health. I really had never taken care of my health and finally decided to do something about it. It was a time in my life that family was the center of my universe just like they always are. I reached out for help but there wasn’t anybody home to help me. I pulled myself together and made a call to a Naturopath that was referred by a friend. I’m so glad that I made that call that day. My Naturopath helped me tremendously. I couldn’t wait to go back periodically for my appointments. Here is what she says on her website that really explains why I highly recommend a Naturopath:
“When you work with me, you’ll experience a caring practitioner who will utilize a holistic and natural approach to get to the ROOT of your symptoms”
All medications have side effects
Getting to the root of a medical problem is such a different way of thinking for some people. It was the way I wanted to solve my current medical problems. I didn’t want to start taking medicines that were ultimately not good for me and just masked the problem. So what does this have to do with the best vitamins for women? It has alot to do with it. Most people do not get enough nutrients solely by eating the right foods so it’s important to supplement. First of all, be sure to get your blood work done so you can see what nutritional needs you have. Then make the changes by adding supplements and retest after 6 months to see the results.
Chronic health problems are frustrating for those who deal with them. Listen to Dr. Gaila in the video below while she discusses why a Functional Medicine approach is the best way to determine why you may have developed a chronic illness and the importance of addressing the root cause in order to restore your health.
Once your doctor has determined the medical needs and prescribed some good supplements, be consistent and take them as prescribed. I’m going to suggest the best vitamins for women from my experience that have helped me to gain a healthy state and keep it that way. I was fortunate that after my blood work was leveled out that I didn’t need to take alot of supplements. I corrected a major Vitamin D deficiency and then once that was stable I could go off of it. I also stopped eating gluten and my cough slowly went away.
The Best Vitamins for Women
- Calcium- is an essential mineral that aids in proper heart, muscle and nerve function. It keeps your blood and muscles moving and helps your nerves send messages from the brain to the rest of your body. It also helps to build and maintain strong bones and teeth. Calcium can also prevent osteoporosis.
- Probiotics- can help treat gastrointestinal problems and are made up of good bacteria that helps keep your body healthy and working well. Good bacteria keeps you healthy by supporting the immune function and controlling inflammation. Probiotics are discussed in detail here.
- Magnesium- can lower the risk of some cancers and type 2 diabetes. It also aids in heart health, reduces migraines and menstrual discomfort. It has been known to help athletes enhance exercise performance. Magnesium also helps with anti-inflammatory benefits, lowers blood pressure and fight depression.
- Vitamin D- the body can make vitamin D when direct sunlight converts a chemical in your skin and forms it into an active form of the vitamin. Vitamin D is necessary for maintaining and building healthy bones. The primary component of bone is calcium and can only be absorbed by the body when vitamin D is present. Vitamin D is sometimes called the sunshine vitamin because its produced in the skin in response to sunlight according to healthline.com.
- Vitamin B12- helps prevent a type of anemia in people called megaloblastic anemia which causes people to be tired and weak. It’s a nutrient that helps the body’s blood and nerve cells stay healthy and make DNA. Vitamin B12 plays an important role in bone health and may prevent Osteoporosis. People that are deficient in vitamin B12 may experience depression and mood swings.
- Biotin- there is limited research but biotin has been known to help with improving thinning hair, weak nails and problematic skin. Converting food into energy is the main benefit of biotin. Be sure to visit my article on HOW TO BENEFIT FROM BIOTIN.
Always choose products with limited natural ingredients. I supplement with the vitamins above and I add the organic superfood powders from Your Super. You can read more about Your Super here and the health benefits in my article Your Super Review –Are Your Super Powders Good For You?
I hope this article has helped you learn more about the best vitamins for women. I think womens health is so important to understand so that everyone has the healthiest lifestyle possible. Women do not need to suffer or have pains each day. There are easy solutions which can be solved with a little bit of knowledge. I especially recommend using high quality natural and/or organic supplements from a reputable store. Try Thrive Market or Amazon for great vitamin selections and prices. Another reason that I love this topic is because it amazes me how beneficial vitamins can be for the health of women and men.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. When you use the links on this page to make a purchase I may get a small commission and you may get a great bargain. It’s a win-win all around. Full disclosure. The information contained in this website is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as health or medical advice. Always consult a doctor.