I’ve saved this article 20 tips for a healthy lifestyle for a noteworthy occasion. What’s the noteworthy occasion you ask? This month marks the four-month time frame of the pandemic. I never thought social distancing would go on for this long but it’s important to discuss how to focus on a healthy lifestyle. At the same time, look ahead and realize it’s time to start living a better life especially since in some areas businesses are still closed. There are many things we can do to help improve our lifestyle.
How to have a Healthy Lifestyle
I believe that if you do something for consecutive 21 days that it will become a habit. A habit is a routine behavior that is repeated daily in which you don’t even notice you are doing it. It’s a fixed way of thinking, willing, or feeling of a repetitive mental experience. I encourage you to try this technique and let me know how it works for you.
Why have a Healthy Lifestyle
A healthy lifestyle is good for an individual to have options in life and prevent disease. It’s a lifelong habit that can improve persons well being and health. It can be measured with blood tests like blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol prescribed for you by your doctor. The doctor can use the blood tests to make health related decisions. If you’re looking to go the natural route then you may want to look for a naturopath which is what I did.
20 Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Get enough sleep-Be sure to rest and get enough sleep each evening. If you’re having trouble sleeping, be sure to seek help
- Be Positive-It’s always the best practice to be positive and share positive thoughts. I love positive quotes and messages.
- Exercise-Since it’s not always possible to get to the gym, setup a home gym or take a walk each day. Stay fit and move your body even if it’s only 20 minutes per day.
- Help Others-Check on your neighbors and offer to do errands. Or volunteer for a charity or organization in need. There are food banks, blood banks and other charities that might need help.
- Keep Hands Clean-Always wash your hands when possible especially when you are outside the home. When washing hands isn’t possible be sure to use a good hand sanitizer like this one here.
- Have Good Hygiene-Be sure to properly take care of your body. Brush teeth twice daily, wash your body daily and keep a clean environment.
- Eat a Healthy Diet-Eat a healthy diet consisting of fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts and beans. Plant based diets are popular and could be an option to improve your health.
- Drink Lots of Water-It’s always best to drink water. Drink at least 11-16 cups of water per day.
- Get Organized-Set a goal and clean out a closet, drawer or cupboard each day. Getting organized will help you feel good and donate to charity what you don’t need.
- Get a dog-Dogs are good for your health! They help lower stress and provide companionship when spending more time at home. They can make us happy! Check out my article here on dogs and happiness.
- Get Fresh Air and Sunshine-Try and get outside for fresh air and sunshine. Plan a time that works for you and do it everyday.
- Take Deep Breaths-It’s important to breathe in through your lungs and meditate for a positive state. Deep breaths allow your body to fully exchange incoming oxygen with outgoing carbon dioxide.
- Take Daily Supplements-Keep a strong immune system by taking vitamin c or some type of supplement. I have a great source for buying supplements and I enjoy learning new facts about healthy supplements. Be sure to always purchase from a quality source.
- Get a Massage-Find a place that you like that has safe business practices.
- Seek Natural Cleaning and Beauty Products-There are many options for natural and animal cruelty-free products both for home and beauty care.
- Laugh More-I love to laugh so be sure to enjoy everyday and find someone that wants to laugh with you whether it’s a friend or a family member.
- Play Games-A great way to connect with family members is to play games. I have some favorites like Sequence and Double Shutter.
- Bake or Cook-I enjoy cooking and baking but I like to share the tasks with another person. It’s difficult for me to be on my feet for long periods of time so having a cooking partner helps share the tasks.
- Try a meal home delivery service-I’ve tried a couple of these services and I’ve been very pleased. Look for a review of mine here about this. I think using a service like this helps to give a break from the kitchen cooking and cleaning.
- Set Goals-It’s always a good idea to have goals written out and posted where you see them everyday. You should have personal goals, business goals and relationship goals.
Now that I’ve shared my amazing 20 tips for a healthy lifestyle, I hope you can apply it to your daily life today. I’ve been practicing these tips for awhile now and it has really helped me. There are many books and podcasts available on this topic. Please ask me if you have any questions and leave a comment below.
Get your FREE healthy lifestyle checklist. Make healthy living a habit!