Are you looking for ways to eat healthy on Cinco de Mayo? Learn more about some healthy Cinco De Mayo food that will delight your guests at their next party.
Healthy Cinco de Mayo Food
Cinco de Mayo is a popular holiday celebrated on May 5th in the United States and Mexico. While traditional Mexican cuisine may include some indulgent foods, there are still plenty of healthy options to enjoy on Cinco de Mayo. Here are some examples:
- Grilled fish tacos with fresh salsa: Tacos are a staple food in Mexico, and grilling fish is a healthy way to enjoy this dish. Fresh salsa made with tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and lime juice is a flavorful and nutritious topping.
- Chicken fajitas with peppers and onions: Fajitas can be a healthy option when made with lean protein like chicken breast and plenty of colorful vegetables.
- Guacamole and veggies: Guacamole is a nutritious dip made with avocado, which is packed with heart-healthy fats. Pair it with fresh veggies like carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers for a healthy snack or appetizer.
- Grilled corn on the cob: Corn on the cob is a popular street food in Mexico and can be a healthy side dish when grilled and seasoned with lime juice and chili powder.
- Ceviche: Ceviche is a dish made with raw fish or seafood marinated in lime juice and mixed with fresh vegetables like tomatoes and onions. It’s a light and refreshing option that’s perfect for a hot day.
What do people eat on Cinco de Mayo?
Cinco de Mayo is a popular holiday celebrated in the United States and Mexico, and it’s often associated with Mexican cuisine. Here are some of the traditional foods and dishes that people eat on Cinco de Mayo:
- Tacos: Tacos are a staple food in Mexico and can be filled with a variety of ingredients, including seasoned beef, chicken, pork, fish, or vegetables.
- Enchiladas: Enchiladas are made with tortillas filled with meat, cheese, beans, or vegetables and covered in a chili sauce.
- Quesadillas: Quesadillas are made with a tortilla filled with cheese, meat, beans, or vegetables, and then cooked on a griddle until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy.
- Guacamole: Guacamole is a dip made with avocado, lime juice, cilantro, and other seasonings, and it’s often served with tortilla chips or jicama.
- Salsa: Salsa is a sauce made with tomatoes, onions, chili peppers, cilantro, and other ingredients, and it’s also commonly served with tortilla chips.
- Margaritas: Margaritas are a popular cocktail made with tequila, lime juice, and triple sec, and they’re often served on Cinco de Mayo.
- Horchata: Horchata is a sweet drink made with rice milk, cinnamon, and sugar, and it’s a popular beverage in Mexico.
- Churros: Churros are a sweet treat made with fried dough and coated in sugar, and they’re often served with chocolate dipping sauce.
- Flan: Flan is a custard dessert made with eggs, milk, and sugar, and it’s often topped with caramel sauce.
These are just a few examples of the many delicious foods and drinks that people enjoy on Cinco de Mayo. Try some of these healthy Cinco de Mayo food options. They are tasty and fun to make. Check out these Mexican charcuterie board cheese cups for a simple solution for a great appetizer.
Get your FREE healthy lifestyle checklist. Make healthy living a habit!
1 thought on “Healthy Cinco de Mayo Food”
Yum!!! These are some great ideas to be able to eat some healthy Mexican food on cinco de Mayo or really anytime! Thanks for the suggestions!