A family favorite, crispy oven roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic vinegar and olive oil! It’s tasty to add to any healthy meal and easy to make. It can be made for anyone on the keto diet, low carb, gluten free or vegan diet. It happens to be MY favorite veggie!
Where to Buy Brussel Sprouts on the Stalk
As Brussels sprouts age, they lose their sweetness and moisture, so keep them on the stalk as long as possible to help retain their volume and plumpness. If you happen to find Brussels sprouts on the stalk, buy them. Sprouts on the stalk stay fresher for a longer period of time than loose sprouts. Store the stalks in fresh water, like flowers, and use a knife to remove them from the stalk before preparing.
Available at health food stores such as Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods or Natural Grocers.
Check out Instacart for them as well.
Health Benefits of Easy Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Here is my list of health benefits of brussel sprouts:
- Reduce the risk of cancer
- Improve blood sugar control
- Decrease inflammation
- High in fiber
- High in Vitamins K and C
- High in Minerals such as iron, calcium, folate and potassium
- High in antioxidants
Brussel sprouts can cause bloating, gas and abdominal pain due to its high fiber content. Be sure to consume in moderation if you’re not sure how your body will react. Learn more here about sulforaphane.
Ingredients for Crispy Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 2 cups Whole Brussel Sprouts sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar (limit for keto diet)
- Dash Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
Directions for Crispy Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Preheat Oven to 400º
- Wash Brussel Sprouts
- Slice brussel sprouts into thin pieces (see demo in video)
I recommend this knife block set. I have a similar model for over 10 years and it’s great quality. The handle is sturdy and makes chopping easy.
- Toss with olive oil and balsamic
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Spread onto baking mat such as the one pictured below or parchment paper
I like using the Artisan Metal Works baking sheet because it’s easy to clean, BPA free and the food doesn’t stick to it. Whether you’re prepping, baking, or cooking in these pans, they’re always in use one way or another in kitchens, commercial or not. This 2/3 size sheet pan and silicone baking mat combination by Artisan Metalworks is the dynamic duo for all things baking. This sheet pan is made of sturdy 18-gauge aluminum and has a reinforced rim that can withstand high-heat without warping. Although this pan is thick, aluminum is a great conductor of heat so you can, rest assured, know your signature dish will bake evenly.
- Flip after 15 minutes of roasting and roast for another 15 minutes until crispy
Enjoy along with a healthy dinner!
Nutritional Information for Crispy Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Crispy Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts facts
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes about 2 servings
This veggie dish is great to add to any healthy meal for many types of diets such as keto, paleo, gluten free or vegan. I serve with salmon and potatoes for my family. Try my Crispy Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts and please leave me a comment how you like them!
Crispy Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Artisan Metal Works Baking Mat
- 2 Cups Whole Brussel Sprouts sliced thin
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- dash Salt
- dash Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 400
- Wash Brussel Sprouts
- Slice thinly Brussel Sprouts
- Toss with Olive Oil and Balsamic
- Add dash of Salt and Pepper
- Spread onto baking mat
- Roast for 15 minutes then flip and Roast for 15 more minutes
Try my other veggie recipe for Easy Low Carb Cauliflower Fried Rice