It’s sort of like a charcuterie board but it has no meat. I love the idea to call it a nibble board not a charcuterie board. You can save space on your party table for this healthy fruit and cheese nibble tree. Grab your favorite cheeses and fresh fruit for the perfect pairings. The great thing about this fruit and cheese nibble tree is that you can customize with any cheese and fruit you desire.
Ingredients for Perfect Pairings Fruit & Cheese Nibble Board
Styrofoam cone (if you don’t have a Styrofoam cone, lay your tree flat on a board)
Toothpicks, plain and optional decorated for the top
Red and green apples
Instructions for Perfect Pairings Fruit & Cheese Charcuterie Nibble Tree
- Cut the apples and pears into small pieces, any shape you like and place them in a bowl of lemon water to prevent browning
- Leave the blueberries and blackberries whole
- Slice the cheese into bite size pieces
- Begin at the bottom of the cone and toothpick a row of fruit all the way around
- Next toothpick a layer of the cheese pairing for that fruit
- Repeat this process with all of the fruit and cheese pairings
- Use the decorated toothpicks to adorn the top tip of the cone
- Serve for the holidays and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes about 4-6 servings
What are good fruit and cheese combinations?
I recently started loving a hard cheese coated in wine called Bellavitano Merlot. It pairs great with pears and apples. According to Riviera Produce, there are many great combinations in this beginners guide to perfect pairings for fruit and cheese. Here is what they recommend:
- Grapes — Red Wax Gouda, Cheddar, or Gorgonzola
- Apple — Cheddar, Manchego, Brie, Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, Fuji, Gala
- Peach — Burrata or Mozzarella
- Blackberries — Cotija or Aged Cheddar
- Cranberries — Mozzarella or Manchego
- Blueberries — Cream Cheese, or grilled Muenster/Baby Swiss Cheese
- Fig — Blue Cheese or Smoked Gouda
- Pear — Brie, Blue Cheese, Manchego, Pecorino Romano, or Camembert
- Strawberry — Fontina or Ricotta
A collection curated for all your holiday gifting needs
What is the unhealthiest cheese?
I love cheese and this is a great question. I would say cheddar cheese, blue cheese, feta and parmesan cheese. This is actually a good thing because those are not my favorites. So if they are your favorites then I would say eat less often and smaller quantities.
Other nibble board ideas
Holiday Butter Board:
- Dried Cranberries
- Fresh Rosemary
- Pomagranate Seeds
Traditional Charcuterie Butter Board:
- Figs and fig jam
- Almonds and Walnuts
- Fresh herbs such as mint, basil, parsley
- Aged sliced cheeses
- Salt flakes
Do you want to buy a nibble tree prepared for you? Check this one out which includes nuts and dried fruits on a bamboo wooden board.
Looking for a creative butter board? Try my popular Rosemary Butter Board, tasty charcuterie butter board or Mediterranean hummus board.
I hope you enjoy serving and preparing this perfect pairings fruit and cheese nibble tree. It’s simple and easy to prepare. And healthy too. Happy Holidays!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. When you use the links on this page to make a purchase I may get a small commission and you may get a great bargain. It’s a win-win all around.
Get your FREE healthy lifestyle checklist. Make healthy living a habit!