This recipe is a special treat for the gluten free people like myself and unique because I created it. It’s not the same as the viral tik tok version but my gluten free baked feta pasta is packed with flavor. There are many variations so I listed them down below. It’s best to bake this healthy dish because then it’s ready to serve straight from the oven. The feta gets browned on top and when you mix it all together the flavors combine for a surprisingly tangy sensation.
Gluten Free Baked Feta Pasta Ingredients
Gluten Free Pasta (my favorite is the brown rice pasta from Trader Joe’s)
2 Cups Favorite Sauce or Make Your Own (Get my recipe for homemade pasta sauce)
1 Cup Feta Block chopped to make up 1 cup
Fresh Basil 1/2 cup or more to taste
Dash Salt and Pepper
Ingredient notes for Gluten Free Baked Feta Pasta
Organic Pasta: Any gluten free pasta of your choice. I use brown rice pasta from Trader Joe’s for this recipe. If you want to make keto friendly then swap the pasta for zucchini noodles.
Organic Sauce: Make my homemade pasta sauce or use your favorite store bought.
Cheese: Block feta is best but I used feta crumbles. You can also add fresh parmesan.
Step-by-step instructions for Gluten Free Baked Feta Pasta
Bring a large pot water to a boil, and cook the pasta until just al dente. Make sure you don’t overcook the noodles. Drain the rice pasta with warm water in a colander. Pre-heat oven to 375.
Add favorite sauce or make my homemade pasta sauce
Pour into baking dish
Crumble feta cheese on top and add fresh basil
Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is warm. Since feta doesn’t melt very well just heat it until browned on top.
Toss feta so it coats pasta noodles and add an extra sprinkle on top.
Watch my video here showing how I made it:
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Spices and herbs: A little sprinkle of onion powder, garlic powder, italian seasoning or chopped herbs. I used fresh basil from my indoor garden.
- Veggies: Any favorite veggies can be tossed into the dish such as broccoli, spinach or zucchini after baking
- Meat: You can add meatballs or ground turkey meat or ground beef. If you’re vegan you can add beyond beef.
- Garnish: Parmesan can also be added and extra fresh basil.
Baked Feta Pasta Facts and Nutritional Info
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Makes about 6 servings
Calories: 172 Calories
More Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free Baked Feta Pasta
- 1 Package Gluten Free Pasta
- 1 cup Feta
- 2 cups Sauce
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil
- Dash Salt
- Dash Pepper
- Bring a large pot water to a boil, and cook the pasta until just al dente. Make sure you don’t overcook the noodles. Drain the rice pasta with warm water. Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Add favorite sauce or make my homemade pasta sauce
- Pour into baking dish
- Crumble feta cheese on top and add fresh basil
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is warm. Since feta doesn’t melt very well just heat it until browned on top.
- Toss feta so it coats pasta noodles and add an extra sprinkle on top.