Much like that of the butter board, this new trendy hummus board can possibly go viral along with it. It has limited ingredients with a mediterranean flair and hummus is spread across the entire board. This healthy hummus board is easy to make and tasty for all foodies. I love how there are so many options to make your next family get together so perfect. What do you think of this new healthy hummus board?
What is a Hummus Board?
A hummus board is a new unique board that could also be called a hummus spread board. The hummus is spread across the entire board and pita chips or fresh pita bread is used to dip into the spread. Scoop up the toppings and you will have a tasty snack or appetizer.
- Pita chips for dipping
- Red and orange bell pepper, diced
- Red onion, diced
- Cucumber, diced
- Kalamata olives, diced
- Meditteranean seasonings
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Olive oil
Instructions for a Mediterranean Hummus Board
How to Make a Hummus Spread Board
Place parchment paper on the section of the board where the hummus will be spread
Spread the hummus evenly over the entire surface of the board
Dice cucumber and spread throughout the board
Add diced red and yellow bell pepper
Spread remaining healthy ingredients red onion, olives, and feta
Drizzle on olive oil
Sprinkle on meditteranean seasoning and parsley
Place pita chips around the outside of the board
Serve and enjoy this hummus spread board!
Notes for Healthy Hummus Board
Prep Time 10 minutes
Assembly Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Use fresh warmed pita along side the board
Try a marble board that you can chill in the fridge
Try different spices such as an Herbes de Provence Blend, Zaatar, oregano, rosemary, thyme, sumac, marjoram or sesame seed
Healthy Hummus Board
- 1 pkg Pita chips for dipping
- 3 cups Hummus
- 2 large Red and orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 large Red onion, diced
- 1 large Cucumber, diced
- 1 pkg Kalamata olives, diced
- 1 dash Meditteranean seasonings and parsley
- 1 pkg Feta cheese crumbles
- 3 tbsp olive oil drizzle
- Place parchment paper on the section of the board where the hummus will be spread
- Spread the hummus evenly over the entire surface of the board
- Dice cucumber and spread throughout the board
- Add diced red and yellow bell pepper
- Spread remaining healthy ingredients red onion, olives, and feta
- Sprinkle on meditteranean seasoning and parsley
- Drizzle on olive oil
- Place pita chips around the outside of the board
- Serve and enjoy this hummus spread board!
FAQs About This Recipe
What is a Healthy Snack with Hummus?
I love a healthy snack and hummus makes the perfect solution. Hummus is great served with fresh veggies such as carrots, celery, brocolli, cucumber and peppers. I also love adding pretzels or pita chips.
Does Hummus go on a Charcuterie Board?
Yes, for sure. Hummus is perfect for a charcuterie board. In fact, I’ve used hummus on many boards and it’s always a favorite.
Kitchen Gadgets I Used and Recommend
The best menu for serving family and friends is a simple and healthy focus. Try these other options for my tasty butter board, healthy charcuterie cups, vegan charcuterie cups, gluten free charcuterie board. Or try this new individual rosemary butter board.
5 Best Charcuterie Boards of 2023
Below is my list of the 5 Best Charcuterie Boards of 2023. They range from marble, wood, and marble with wood. The sizes also range from 12 x 6 to 16 x 11 depending on what your planning to do with your board choose the size that works best for you. For the charcuterie cups you may need the largest board so plan accordingly.
- 12 x 6 Marble Slate and Wood Charcuterie Board
- 15 x 12 Real Bamboo Wood Charcuterie Board
- 12 x 16 Marble Charcuterie Board
- 13 x 13 Bamboo Charcuterie Board
- 18″ XLarge Round Teak Board
Enjoy this new idea for a healthy hummus board. Guests will love the presentation and tasty options.
More Charcuterie Boards for you to check out!
- Easy Charcuterie Board Cups
- Easy Brunch Charcuterie Board
- Best Gluten Free Crackers for Charcuterie Board