I love this recipe for anybody doing keto, gluten free or paleo or just wanting to eat healthy. It has a variety of healthy ingredients to help you meet your weight loss goals. This healthy lettuce wraps recipe can be made with many substitutions and add ons. Here is my healthy lettuce wrap recipe that is super quick and easy to make.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. When you use the links on this page to make a purchase I may get a small commission and you may get a great bargain. It’s a win-win all around.
Ingredients for Healthy Lettuce Wraps
1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
1 medium onion
4 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp thyme
1 medium cucumber chopped
4-5 tomatoes of choice chopped
3 tbsp parsley
1/4 cup leek
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp soy sauce (I use tamari gluten free soy sauce)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 head iceberg lettuce or romaine
How to Make Healthy Keto Lettuce Wraps
Step by Step Directions
1. Saute in olive oil, onion, garlic cloves, salt, half of other spices and ground turkey or beef until cooked completely
2. Chop tomatoes, parsley, leek or green onion and cucumber in medium bowl
3. Stir veggies to combine all together
4. Prepare sauce by whisking together honey, ginger, red pepper flakes, thyme and soy sauce
5. Combine all together
6. Pour into iceberg or romaine lettuce wraps and serve immediately
Enjoy my Healthy Lettuce Wraps Recipe!
Kitchen Gadgets I Used and Recommend
Click here for Glass Bowls
Click here for Wooden Spoons
Click here for Green Pan
How many calories are in one lettuce wrap?
There are about 136 calories in one healthy lettuce wrap. If you decide to add more carbs then of course the calorie count will vary. These lettuce wraps are keto, gluten free and paleo, and therefore will be lower in calories and carbs.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes about 9 servings
Notes for Easy Healthy Lettuce Wraps
Top with optional sour cream, cheese, corn or olives for a mexican flair
For an asain flair for the sauce add sesame oil, sriracha, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce
Sub green onion for leeks
Add salt and pepper to taste
What to Serve with Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps can be served with a low carb tortilla chip, fresh guacamole or quinoa. They are also great alone since the wrap itself is loaded with so many great ingredients.
Which Lettuce is Best for Wraps?
I like to use iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce. It’s best to choose a lettuce that is long and hearty to hold all of the ingredients and sauce. The lettuce wraps could also be doubled to prevent spills and sauce dripping all over.
Are Lettuce Wraps Good for Weight Loss?
Lettuce wraps are a great alternative to a processed bread product such as tortilla, whole wheat wrap or sandwich bun. At many restaurants, you can order a burger without the bun which would be called a lettuce wrap. There is a large calorie and carb difference between eating a bun or lettuce wrap with a burger or taco.
Can Superfoods be added to Lettuce Wrap Recipes?
Superfoods can be added to many meals. Try adding any of the superfood powders from YourSuper to my lettuce taco recipe. Try Magic Mushroom, outside of a Choco Taco, the combination of chocolate and tacos may sound strange. But the chocolate flavor adds a richness and depth to tacos.
This healthy lettuce wraps recipe can be found featured on my 7 day healthy eating meal plan and on my keto meal plan. Or try my healthy egg salad lettuce wraps
Healthy Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Glass Bowls
- Wooden Spoons
- Green Pan
- 1 lb Ground Turkey or Beef
- 1 Onion
- 4-6 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1 Cucumber
- 4-6 Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Parsley
- 1/4 cup Leeks or Green Onion
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 head Iceberg or Romaine
- Saute in olive oil, onion, garlic cloves, salt, half of other spices and ground turkey or beef until cooked completely
- Chop tomatoes, parsley, leek or green onion and cucumber in medium bowl
- Stir veggies to combine all together
- Prepare sauce by whisking together honey, ginger, red pepper flakes, thyme and soy sauce
- Combine all together
- Pour into iceberg or romaine lettuce wraps and serve immediately
Get your FREE healthy lifestyle checklist. Make healthy living a habit!
1 thought on “Healthy Lettuce Wraps Recipe”
Great idea for a yummy lettuce wrap!