Avocado is the base for this delicious quinoa avocado feta salad. It’s loaded with fresh healthy ingredients and is perfect for a main dish along with toasted pita bread. Many variations can be added to appeal to every salad lover trying it out.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. When you use the links on this page to make a purchase I may get a small commission and you may get a great bargain. It’s a win-win all around. Support my page and I can continue to provide great tips, recipes, reviews and lifestyle advice. Ask me how by clicking here!
Ingredients for Quinoa Avocado Feta Salad
1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup cucumber, sliced
½ cup red onion, diced
½ cup quinoa, cooked according to package
½ cup chickpeas
1 small avocado, diced
½ cup Feta cheese, optional
¼ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon parsley
Salt & pepper to taste
Directions for Quinoa Avocado Feta Salad
In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients until well combined and set aside
Cook quinoa according to package
Cut up vegetables and place in large bowl
Add in cooled quinoa and chickpeas
Drizzle on dressing
Toss to thoroughly coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Serve and enjoy!
Health Benefits of Avocado
Below are some health benefits of avocados that contain over 20 vitamins and minerals.
- Lowers cancer risk-Due to the folate levels there are studies proving lower risk of prostate and colon cancers.
- Improves blood pressure-Due to its high potassium which is more than a banana.
- Reduces arthritis-There are limited studies on this but the oil extracts from avocado can help due it containing vitamin E which is an anti-inflammatory.
- Helps with weight loss-Due to high fiber avocados can help contribute to weight loss. Click here for my article on fiber.
- Lowers inflammation-Due to its high mono-unsaturated oleic acid which is a heart healthy fatty acid and it has Vitamin E and Vitamin K.
- Controls blood sugar-Since avocado is low in carbs it helps maintain blood sugar levels.
- Improve eye health-Due its powerful antioxidant properties including lutein and zeaxanthin.
Is it OK to Eat an Avocado Every Day?
Of course it is! Avocados are healthy and delicious. But there are certain foods that shouldn’t be eaten every single day.
Is Avocado Good for Your Skin?
Yes! Eating avocados regularly can help keep your skin looking young and radiant. In fact, eating two avocados per week can lower your risk of developing wrinkles by 50%.
Nutritional Information and Facts for Quinoa Avocado Feta Salad
Eating healthy can be delicious when making smart choices such as cucumber, leafy greens, tomatoes, chickpeas and quinoa. Enjoy these healthy selections in this tasty cucumber quinoa avocado salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes about 2 servings
Notes For Delicious Quinoa Avocado Salad
To cut calories, reduce dressing oil or just use balsalmic vinegar and lemon
Adding extra veggies such as asparagus, broccoli, beets, carrots, peppers, black beans could increase nutritional value
To cut calories, reduce amount of chickpeas and avocado
To add more flavor try Apple Cider Vinegar in the dressing
Avocado is a highly nutritious way to help you eat a healthy diet. Try my recipe for quinoa avocado feta salad and please leave a comment below how you like it! For my other avocado and chickpea salad, click here for the Avocado and Chickpea Salad Recipe with Salmon.
To learn more about quinoa, visit here.
Healthy Quinoa Avocado Feta Salad
- 1 cup romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked and cooled
- 1/2 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 small avocado diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsalmic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- dash salt and pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients until well combined and set aside
- Cook quinoa according to package
- Cut up vegetables and place in large bowl
- Add in cooled quinoa and chickpeas
- Drizzle on dressing
- Toss to thoroughly coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese.