Some folks are trying to give up coffee but have no idea how. Finding a healthy coffee alternative can be easy by doing some research. Some of the best coffee substitutes contain no caffeine at all, so you’ll get the same benefits as coffee without the negative effects. Read on to learn more and find the perfect coffee alternative for you.
What is the Healthiest Alternative to Coffee?
There are many low caffeine options that won’t leave you with the jitters. Look for options that are organic and have limited ingredients. Some people find that they feel better when they cut out coffee altogether. If you’re not sure if coffee’s right for you, try cutting back gradually over time. In addition to drinking decaf or switching to tea, there are some healthy alternatives to coffee that will help keep you energized throughout the day without adding too much caffeine.
What are the Benefits of Giving up Coffee?
- More alert
- More focused in the mornings
- Less stressed
- Sleep better
- Better Gut Health
- Help Balance Hormones
How Much Caffeine Is Too Much?
It depends on how sensitive you are to caffeine. Some people can drink several cups of coffee a day without any problems. Others need only one cup before their energy levels drop.
How To Give Up Coffee: A Step By Step Guide
1. Try Decaffeinated Coffee
Decaffeinated coffee has less than half the amount of caffeine found in regular coffee. This means that you won’t experience the jittery feelings associated with caffeine withdrawal.
2. Switch to Tea
Tea is another good alternative to coffee. It doesn’t have nearly as much caffeine as coffee, but it does provide other healthful benefits like antioxidants and vitamins.
3. Cut Back Gradually
You don’t have to completely eliminate coffee from your diet. Start by reducing the number of cups you consume each day. Then, reduce them further until you reach zero.
4. Consider Herbal Teas
Herbal teas are made from herbs and spices instead of leaves. They offer similar benefits to coffee, including increased energy and improved focus.
5. Choose Organic Foods
Organic foods are grown without pesticides and synthetic fertilizers. They’re also free of genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
6. Eat More Fruit & Vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are packed full of nutrients and fiber. These foods are also naturally caffeinated, which helps boost energy levels.
7. Exercise Regularly
Exercise boosts metabolism, which burns off excess calories. Plus, it improves overall mood and reduces stress.
8. Get Enough Sleep
Sleep deprivation makes us crankier and less productive. Make sure you get enough rest every night.
9. Reduce Sugar Intake
Sugar causes spikes in blood sugar and leads to cravings for sweets. Instead, eat fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts, and seeds.
10. Avoid Processed Food
Processed food often includes high amounts of refined sugars, saturated fats, and trans fat. These ingredients aren’t very nutritious and can cause weight gain.
11. Drink Water
Drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated and flushes toxins through your system. Staying well-hydrated also helps prevent constipation and headaches.
4 Best Healthy Coffee Alternatives
What can I drink to replace coffee?
There are many different alternatives to replace coffee. They have a variety of flavors that will excite almost any persons palate. I’ve created a list of the 4 best healthy coffee alternatives for the person wanting to give up coffee.
1. Power Matcha – Power Matcha can deliver powerful results with only 5 organic superfood ingredients. The ingredients used are all organic and free of additives. It’s suggested to use one teaspoon of mix and add to smoothies, water, latte, or oatmeal. Alone it tastes like a slightly sweet green tea. Power Matcha is for people that are ready to give up coffee or want that extra boost. Be sure to use discount coupon healthyfoodie for 15% off.
- Pros: less caffeine than coffee, organic, frequent coupon codes available
- Cons: small container, bitter taste
2. Super Brew – A delicious low-caffeine superfood coffee alternative with Ayurvedic ingredients, adaptogens, and superfoods. A delicious coffee alternative made with Ayurvedic ingredients, adaptogens, and—of course—superfoods. It contains 5 certified organic ingredients (plus salt for taste) that can help provide clean, steady energy and sharper focus — without jitters or crashes. And it has a rich, earthy taste with just ¼ the amount of caffeine (23 mg per serving) in the average cup of coffee. Be sure to use discount coupon healthyfoodie for 15% off.
- Pros: no jitters, organic, only 23 mg caffeine, frequent coupon codes available
- Cons: small container, needs to be mixed thoroughly with frother or in french press
3. MudWtr Coffee Alternative – Mud is made with 100% organic ingredients. We use both the mycelial biomass and fruiting bodies of mushrooms, and allow them to complete their full growth cycle. 1/7th the caffeine as a cup of coffee, you get focus, energy and immunity without the jitters, crash and dependency. Ingredients: Organic mushroom blend (chaga, reishi, lion’s mane, cordyceps mycelial biomass cultured on organic oats), Organic cacao, Organic Spice Blend (organic cinnamon, organic turmeric, organic ginger, organic cardamom, organic black pepper, organic nutmeg, organic cloves), Organic black tea powder, Himalayan pink salt. 562mg of each mushroom per serving.
- Pros: healthy, comes with frother, no jitters
- Cons: poor flavor, auto subscription
4. Herbal Tea – Hand blended and custom crafted fine organic teas and botanicals. What are the benefits of tea? There are many from preventing diseases to helping with a nagging cough. And there are many uses and types available on the market. Try it from Art of Tea, handcrafted in Los Angeles.
- Pros: lots of flavor options. organic, free shipping on orders over $60
- Cons: not many size options
Here are some great selections for healthy coffee alternatives. They are all great options but my favorite is Super Brew. Please leave a comment below and let me know what you choose.